Wearing knits no longer means having to look like you are wearing your granny’s blanket. Knits can be chic, stylish and relaxed and finding your perfect knit will make all the difference.
Be more adventurous in your knit picking. The variety expands beyond the ordinary sweater or jersey.
Chunky knits are popular; it can be a jumper, dress, scarf or beanie but the key is to create proportion. But keep your body shape in mind when choosing knits.
- They work as staples but knits also make for great accessories. A knit scarf is a must, and you could do with a knit hat too. These are easy ways to start easing into cooler weather.
- When wearing a chunky knit jersey or dress, avoid looking larger than you are by pairing it with a tailored jacket or blazer. You could also cinch it in at the waist, using a belt to create shape.
- The knit cardigan is a perfect way to complete your look. It’s lightweight enough to layer over tops or shirts without holding in too much heat and it works in any season.
- A cardigan can transform a day outfit with jeans and a tee into a night outfit depending on the quality, luxury and embellishment of the knit.
- Find a knit that incorporates other textures that enhance your style and beauty.
- Taking care of a knit is not the easiest. Follow the care instructions on the label and you’ll have knitwear that lasts from season to season.
- At first, your knits may be scratchy especially if it’s an acrylic blend. Soften it up by washing with a fabric softener or adding some conditioner to your wash.
- Invest in a good lint roller to remove those pesky lint bobbles. A lint roller will keep your knits looking fresh and new for longer.
This season, these are the knits that will be on the shelves. Pair a few of these with our tips and you are ready to face the changing weather.
- THE KNIT PULLOVER
Cable knit pullover, Poetry, R499
- THE SWEATER DRESS
Olive knit dress, The Fix, R199
- THE CHUNKY SCARF
Thick knit scarf, Accessorize at Edgars, R499
- THE CARDIGAN
Breton striped cardigan, Trenery, R899
- THE BEANIE
Bobble top beanie, Accessorize, R229
- THE KNIT CAPE
Wrap cape, Witchery, R1799
- THE KNIT JUMPER
Slouchy jumper, Cotton On, R379
- THE KNIT SKIRT
Speckled knit skirt, Foschini, R499
- THE KNIT TURTLENECK
Cable knit polo neck, Pringle of Scotland, R1999